Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Elements and Principles of Art: Free Quiz download, or review for your class that your students will not understand and hate.

I've said it before, I'll say it again:  Don't teach the elements and principles of art.  Do not make up exercises specifically to teach line, or texture, or space...etc.  Use the elements and principles in your lessons, not as your lesson.

Regardless, my elements of design and principles of design packets remain my most popular downloads.

So, here is another one!  I copied this from Ande Cook's Art Starters.  A mini colorful one page handout quizzing your class on what they know about the elements and principles.  I think they will hate it and your intermediate kids might not even understand it.  However, if you really want to pound in those vocab words - here is some great practice!

Here is Ande Cook's book Art Starters that a lot of these worksheets from SchoolArts are originally from.

No comments:

Post a Comment